Subject: [OMPI users] Possible to build ompi-1.4.3 or 1.4.5 without a C++ compiler?
From: Gunter, David O (dog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 10:06:56

I need to build ompi-1.4.3 (or the newer 1.4.5) with an older Intel 10.0 compiler, but on a newer system in which the default g++ headers are incompatible with Intel. Thus the C and Fortran compilers function normally but the Intel C++ compiler fails to build even a simple "hello world" code.

Is there a way to build OMPI without a C++ compiler? I tried using the --disable-mpi-cxx and --disable-mpi-cxx-seek flags but these are just for the resulting bindings. The configure step still continues to search for a working C++ compiler.

Yes, I know I can upgrade the Intel compiler but we don't have that as an option in this case.

Thanks,
david

--
David Gunter