Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun fails with no allocated resources
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-29 06:55:58

Just to put this up front: using the trunk is subject to have these kinds of problems. It is the head of development, after all -- things sometimes break. :-)

Ralph: FWIW, I can replicate this problem on my Mac (OS X Lion) with the SVN trunk HEAD (svnversion tells me I have 26070M):

-----
[6:46] jsquyres-mac:~/svn/ompi % mpirun -np 1 --host localhost uptime
There are no allocated resources for the application
  uptime
that match the requested mapping:

Verify that you have mapped the allocated resources properly using the
--host or --hostfile specification.
[6:46] jsquyres-mac:~/svn/ompi % cat /etc/hosts
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost
[6:46] jsquyres-mac:~/svn/ompi %
-----

On Feb 29, 2012, at 3:36 AM, Muhammad Wahaj Sethi wrote:

> Snapshot of my hosts file is present below. localhost is present here.
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.1.1 wahaj-ThinkPad-T510
> 10.42.43.1 node0
> 10.42.43.2 node1
>
> Every thing works fine if I don't specify host names.
>
> This problem only specific to Open MPI version 1.7.
>
> Open MPI version 1.5.5 doesn't produces this error message.

>>> Wahaj