Subject: Re: [OMPI users] InfiniBand path migration not working
From: Jeremy (spritzydog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-28 17:04:12

Hi Pasha,

>On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Shamis, Pavel <shamisp_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I reviewed the code and it seems to be ok :) The error should be reported if the port migration is already happened once (port 1 to port 2), and now you are trying to shutdown port 2 and MPI reports that it can't migrate anymore. It assumes that port 1 is still down and it can't go back to from port 2 to port 1.

In my test case I never try to shutdown port 2.
I start with both ports cabled up.
Then I start the MPI test
Then I unplug the Port 1 cable.
I leave Port 2 alone. I expect the application to just keep using Port 2.

So I expect the migration from Port 1 to Port 2 when I unplug the
cable. But I don't expect any more migration after that.

> Can you please build open mpi in debug mode and try to run it in verbose mode. It will help to understand better the scenario.

I've recompiled with debug mode(configure --enable-debug). The
resulting output (mpirun --mca btl_base_verbose 1) is too large to
send (28 MB). Are there specific lines you are looking for? Or do you
have a preferred method for sending you a text file?

Unfortunately, I will be out of the office until Monday. I'll resume
more experiments then.

Thanks for your time,

-Jeremy