Subject: [OMPI users] orted daemon no found! --- environment not passed to slave nodes?
From: yanyg_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-02-27 10:41:54

Greetings!

I have tried to run ring_c example test from a bash script. In this
bash script, I setup PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH(I donot want to
disturb ~/.bashrc, etc), then use a full path of mpirun to invoke mpi
processes, the mpirun and orted are both on the PATH. However,
from the Open MPI message, orted was not found, to me, it was
not found only on slave nodes. Then I tried to set the --prefix or -x
PATH -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH to hope these envars passed to
slave nodes, but it turned out they are not forwarded to slave
nodes.

On the other hand, if I set the same PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in ~/.bashrc which shared by all nodes,
mpirun from bash script runs fine and orted could be found. This is
easy to understand though, but I realy do not want to change
~/.bashrc.

It seems the non-interactive bash shell does not pass envars to
slave nodes.

Any comments and solutions?

Thanks,
Yiguang