Subject: [OMPI users] Using orterun to start jobs with numactl
From: Jeff Layton (laytonjb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-20 15:05:15

  Good afternoon,

I'm working with some AMD Interlagos nodes (16-core, 4-socket),
and I want to bind processes to cores in specific layouts. These
may not be in logical order so I need to be able to my MPI app
and point it to specific cores on specific nodes (although the
core ordering is the same for all nodes).

I'm assuming I need to "manually" start the processes using
orted (or orterun) and numactl on the specific cores. Since I've
never used orted or orterun to start jobs and I'm struggling with
the man pages a bit - any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff