Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Strange OpenMPI messages
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 13:07:13

On Feb 15, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Tohiko Looka wrote:

> My computer doesn't have such a service. and I think that's the correct name for Fedora
> Also, what bugs me is that it used to work with no warnings before restarting my computer.

This seems to imply that *some* OpenFabrics service started upon reboot. Perhaps it was installed prior to reboot, or perhaps it had been manually stopped before rebooting.

> I will try to recompile openMPI myself (as opposed to installing it using yum) and see what happens

Either way should be fine. If you recompile and don't include OpenFabrics support, then the message will obviously go away.

But I think the real root of the issue is finding the OpenFabrics service / kernel drivers and stopping it / unloading those drivers.

For corporate legal information go to: