Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Different Prefix for different nodes
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 11:08:48

On Feb 14, 2012, at 4:06 PM, Tohiko Looka wrote:

> I'm trying to run my application on different nodes; each with a different path to OpenMPI libraries and binaries.
> According to the documentation I can set '-prefix' on a per-context basis, so I can set '-prefix' differently
> for each node, but I wasn't able to do it and I didn't find an example

Yoinks -- that might be incorrect documentation. I'm pretty sure --prefix is a global switch.

If you have OMPI installed in different locations on different nodes, --prefix might not be a good solution. Instead, you might well want to set your PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell startup files on each node (e.g., $HOME/.bashrc) to values that are relevant for that node.

For corporate legal information go to: