Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Strange OpenMPI messages
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-14 06:14:00

Do you have an OpenFabrics-based network? (e.g., InfiniBand or iWarp)

If so, this error message usually means that OFED is either installed incorrectly, or is not running properly (e.g., its services didn't get started properly upon boot).

If you don't have an OpenFabrics-based network, then it usually means that you have OpenFabrics services running when you really shouldn't (because you don't have any OpenFabrics-based devices).

On Feb 14, 2012, at 4:48 AM, Tohiko Looka wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Until today I was running my openmpi applications with no errors/warnings
> Today I restarted my computer (possibly after an automatic openmpi update) and got these warnings when
> running my program
> [tohiko_at_kw12614 1d]$ mpirun -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -hostfile hosts -np 10 hello
> librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
> librdmacm: assuming: 4
> CMA: unable to get RDMA device list
> [[21652,1],0]: A high-performance Open MPI point-to-point messaging module
> was unable to find any relevant network interfaces:
>
> Module: OpenFabrics (openib)
> Host: kw12614
>
> Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
> lower performance.

For corporate legal information go to: