Subject: [OMPI users] help: sm btl does not work when I specify the same host twice or more in the node list
From: yanyg_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-02-09 09:31:22

Hi all,

Good morning!

I have trouble to communicate through sm btl in open MPI, please
check the attached file for my system information. I am using open
MPI 1.4.3, intel compilers V11.1, on linux RHEL 5.4 with kernel 2.6.

The tests are the following:

(1) if I specify the btl to mpirun by "--mca btl self,sm,openib", if I did
not specify any of my computing nodes twice or more in the node
list, my job runs fine. However, if I specify any of the computing
nodes twice or more in the node list, it will hang there forever.

(2) if I did not specify the sm btl to mpirun as "--mca btl
self,openib", I could run my job smoothly, either put any of the
computing nodes twice or more in the node list, or not.

>From above 2 tests, apparently something wrong with sm btl
interface on my system. As I checked the user archive, sm btl
issue has been encountered due to the comm_spawned
parent/child processes. But this seems not the case here, if I do
not use any of my MPI based solver, only with MPI initialization and
finalization procedures called, it still has this issue.

Any comments?

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,