Subject: Re: [OMPI users] O-MPI Support for Windows 7
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-07 04:19:35

Hi James,

One other possibility could be that ssh is actually not used at all. Did
you build Open MPI under Cygwin? Is the ssh module shown up in the
ompi_info output?

The user credential message looks very familiar to me as it seems from
the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) module, where the 'save
credential' option has not been implemented.

Shiqing

On 2012-02-07 4:11 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> Afraid I'm no OpenSSH expert, but it sounds like there is an issue
> with its configuration. Check out the OpenSSH config options to see if
> something fits.
>
> I did a quick search and found this, as an example:
>
> http://mah.everybody.org/docs/ssh
>
> Note the need to run ssh-agent to cache login credentials.
>
> On Feb 6, 2012, at 5:05 PM, James Torossian wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am trying to setup Open-MPI across two Windows 7 machines with UAC
>> disabled ......
>> Cygwin with OpenSSH is installed, and I can successfully ssh to each
>> machine without entry of username and password:
>> JimT_at_JimT-PC ~
>> $ ssh NanoOneQuad
>> Last login: Tue Feb 7 01:42:02 2012 from jimt-pc
>> JimT_at_NanoOneQuad ~
>> $
>> Regardless of this, mpirun insists on asking for a username and
>> password; then asks to save credentials, but if selected, responds
>> with not implemented. If saving credentials is not selected, then I
>> can see that the task starts on the other machine (in task manager)
>> and that the task runs to completion OK:
>> JimT_at_JimT-PC ~
>> $ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe
>> connecting to NanoOneQuad
>> username:JimT
>> password:**************
>> Save Credential?(Y/N) y
>> [JimT-PC:03784] This feature hasn't been implemented yet.
>> JimT_at_JimT-PC ~
>> $ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe
>> connecting to NanoOneQuad
>> username:JimT
>> password:**************
>> Save Credential?(Y/N) n
>> JimT_at_JimT-PC ~
>> $
>> Please let me know what I have missed. I have gone through the FAQs
>> and have rebuilt the windows version but can't seem to get past this.
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Jim

Shiqing Fan
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87234      Nobelstrasse 19
Fax: ++49(0)711-685-65832      70569 Stuttgart
http://www.hlrs.de/organization/people/shiqing-fan/
email: fan_at_[hidden]