Subject: [OMPI users] O-MPI Support for Windows 7
From: James Torossian (j.torossian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-06 19:05:36

Hi all,

I am trying to setup Open-MPI across two Windows 7 machines with UAC
disabled ..

Cygwin with OpenSSH is installed, and I can successfully ssh to each machine
without entry of username and password:

JimT_at_JimT-PC ~

$ ssh NanoOneQuad

Last login: Tue Feb 7 01:42:02 2012 from jimt-pc

JimT_at_NanoOneQuad ~

$

Regardless of this, mpirun insists on asking for a username and password;
then asks to save credentials, but if selected, responds with not
implemented. If saving credentials is not selected, then I can see that the
task starts on the other machine (in task manager) and that the task runs to
completion OK:

JimT_at_JimT-PC ~

$ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe

connecting to NanoOneQuad

username:JimT

password:**************

Save Credential?(Y/N) y

[JimT-PC:03784] This feature hasn't been implemented yet.

JimT_at_JimT-PC ~

$ mpirun -H NanoOneQuad ipconfig.exe

connecting to NanoOneQuad

username:JimT

Save Credential?(Y/N) n

JimT_at_JimT-PC ~

$

Please let me know what I have missed. I have gone through the FAQs and have
rebuilt the windows version but can't seem to get past this.

Thanks and best regards,

Jim