Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI / SLURM -> Send/Recv blocking
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-03 07:33:46

On Feb 3, 2012, at 6:28 AM, adrian sabou wrote:

> You were right about iptables being very complex. It seems that uninstalling it completly did the trick. All my Send / Receive operations now complete as they should. Just one more question. Will uninstalling iptables have any undesired effects on my Linux cluster?

It means you have no firewalling on your cluster. This is basically a local policy decision on your part. I know Linux admins who swear by iptables and would never run without it. I know other Linux admins who think it's completely unnecessary (and can be replaced with things like appropriate ssh host controls, NAT, switch-level policies, etc.).

You should probably read more about firewalls and security and make a local decision for yourself.

For corporate legal information go to: