Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Error building Openmpi (configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-02 07:55:47

Both icc and gcc seem to be broken on your system; they're not creating executables.

You can look in config.log for more details about what is failing. But basically, configure is trying to compile a simple "hello world"-like C program, and it's failing.

You might want to try trying to compile a simple "hello world"-like C program yourself and see what error messages are coming out of the compiler.

For corporate legal information go to: