Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI and pgf90 -- adding flags to mpif90 compile
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-30 18:41:24

Am 31.01.2012 um 00:24 schrieb Cable, Sam B Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXI:

> I need to build OpenMPI with Portland Group Fortran. I need to add a flag to the pgf90 linker command that is run when mpif90 is invoked. I have tried configuring with LDFLAGS and –with-wrapper-ldflags, but nothing works. I am thinking that surely there is a way to get non-default flags put into the pgf90 command, but I am out of options, as far as I can tell. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Do you need it all the time? There is a preferences file which will always be applied called ~/.mypgirc, I suggest to ask in the pgroup forum for the detailed syntax for your case (I think it's still undocumented and only mentioned in the user's guide briefly on page 14/15). In my case the syntax they suggested was:

set POSTOPTIONS=$ifn(-tp,-tp=k8-64);

to always compile for a common AMD64 platform, independent where the compiler runs on and w/o command line options; maybe you can adjust it for your case along the brief description in the user's guide.

-- Reuti