Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Are the Messages delivered in order in the MPI?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-25 01:20:52

Mateus,

MPI guarantee message ordering per communicator per peer. In other words any message going from peer A to peer B in the same communicator will be __matched__ on the receiver in the exact same order as they were sent (this remains true even for multi-threaded libraries). MPI does not mandate any other type of ordering, such as between communicators or between different pairs of processes.

Now, what I previously said is only true for the matching logic. Completion of message reception is a totally different thing.

  George.