We are distributing OpenMPI as part of software suite. Therefore, the prefix we used for building is not expected to be the same when running on customer's machine. However, we did manage to get it running by setting OPLA_PREFIX, PATH and LD_LIBARAY_PATH on Linux). We tried do the same thing on Mac by using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of LD_LIBARAY_PATH. Unfortunately, we run into below error:
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _orte_daemon
After looking at orte/mca/plm/rsh/plm_rsh_module.c, we realized that the problem is DYLD_LIBARAY_PATH is not setting before launching orted. Instead plm_rsh_module.c still tries to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. We had a patch for this and it seems to address the issue. We will be thrilled if the attached patch will be accepted.