Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Checkpoint an MPI process
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-19 10:05:53

Currently Open MPI only supports the checkpointing of the whole
application. There has been some work on uncoordinated checkpointing with
message logging, though I do not know the state of that work with regards
to availability. That work has been undertaken by the University of
Tennessee Knoxville, so maybe they can provide more information.

-- Josh

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Rodrigo Oliveira <rsilva.oliveira_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there is a way to checkpoint a specific process
> running under an mpirun call. In other words, is there a function
> CHECKPOINT(rank) in which I can pass the rank of the process I want to
> checkpoint? I do not want to checkpoint the entire application, but just
> one of its processes.
>
> Thanks

Joshua Hursey
Postdoctoral Research Associate