Subject: Re: [OMPI users] feature requests: mpic++ to report both release and debug flags
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-17 10:05:31

Hi MM,

Actually option 3 has already been implemented for Windows build, and it
seems adequate. But it was not targeting for the windows binary, as only
quite a few users require this feature.

When enabling WANT_EXE_DEBUG_POSTFIX option in CMake GUI, the build
system will generate mpic++.exe (release) and mpic++d.exe (debug), and
also their wrapper data files. So it is possible so just use mpic++
-showsome for release options and mpic++d -showsome for debug options.

Is this what you are looking for? If it is really necessary, I don't see
any problem to include it in the windows binary releases.

I don't know how this is done on Linux system, can anyone comment?

Regards,
Shiqing