Subject: Re: [OMPI users] using MPI_Recv in two different threads.
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 08:09:06

I am a little confused by your problem statement. Are you saying you
want to have each MPI process to have multiple threads that can call MPI
concurrently? If so you'll want to read up on the MPI_Init_thread
function.

--td

On 1/11/2012 7:19 AM, Hamilton Fischer wrote:
> Hi, I'm actually using mpi4py but my question should be similar to normal MPI in spirit.
>
> Simply, I want to do a MPMD application with a dedicated thread for each node (I have a small network). I was wondering if it was okay to do a blocking recv in each independent thread. Of course, since each thread has one node, there is no problem with wrong recv's being picked up by other threads.
>

> Thanks.
>
> noobermin

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture