Subject: Re: [OMPI users] SIGV at MPI_Cart_sub
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-10 06:42:00

A blind guess: did you use Intel compiler?
If so, there is/was an error leading to SIGSEGV _in Open MPI itselv_.

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2012/01/18091.php

If the SIGSEGV arise not in OpenMPI but in application itself it may be
a programming issue.. In any case, more precisely answer are impossible
without seeing any codes snippet and/or logs.

Best,
Paul

Anas Al-Trad wrote:
> Dear people,
> In my application, I have the segmentation fault of
> Integer Divide-by-zero when calling MPI_cart_sub routine. My program is
> as follows, I have 128 ranks, I make a new communicator of the first 96
> ranks via MPI_Comm_creat. Then I create a grid of 8X12 by calling
> MPI_Cart_create. After creating the grid if I call MPI_Cart_sub then I
> have that error.
>
> This error happens also when I use a communicator of 24 ranks and create
> a grid of 4X6. Can you please help me in solving this?
>
> Regards,
> Anas

Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Tel: +49 241/80-24915