Subject: [OMPI users] Problems when running open-MPI on OFED
From: Venkateswara Rao Dokku (dvrao.584_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-29 02:34:18

Hi,
    We tried running the Intel Benchmarks(IMB_3.2) on the customized
OFED(that was build by us).. While executing the tests we are getting the
following errors
1.
The OpenFabrics stack has reported a network error event. Open MPI
will try to continue, but your job may end up failing.

  Local host: localhost.localdomain
  MPI process PID: 5259
  Error number: 2 (IBV_EVENT_QP_REQ_ERR)

This error may indicate connectivity problems within the fabric;
please contact your system administrator.
2.
While executing the Reduce_scatter benchmark..
[localhost.localdomain:04437] *** An error occurred in MPI_Reduce_scatter
[localhost.localdomain:04437] *** on communicator MPI COMMUNICATOR 3 SPLIT
FROM 0
[localhost.localdomain:04437] *** MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE: message truncated
[localhost.localdomain:04437] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will
now abort)

What is the root cause for those errors??, and any suggestions on how to
remove those errors..!!!

Thanks for your reply..

--
Thanks & Regards,