From: Santosh Ansumali (ansumali_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-26 12:32:11

Thanks for the response. May be I am wrong. However my argument is as
follows: our test shows that a 100^3 grid per core performs 10 times
faster (normalised in proper unit) than 200^3. Both of these sizes
are not fitting in cache. 100^3 run is benefiting due to smaller size
where compiler is guessing access pattern in slightly better way.
 So, in case of running one large job of 200^3 per core if I
oversubscribe the core with smaller jobs of size comparable to 100^3,
high saving due to better memory access should compensate for thread
compition.
Best,
Santosh