Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI 2 support in sm btl
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-16 09:08:17

On Dec 14, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

>> As far as I know, there is no support for some MPI-2 features in the shared memory BTL as dynamic process creation or port connection. Are you planning to include this support?
>
> It depends on what exactly you mean. Dynamically spawned processes do use the shared memory BTL between themselves, but not with the processes in their parent job. We plan to support that as well at some future time.

...when enough people ask for it. :-)

We've talked about supporting this for a long time, but to be blunt, there hasn't been enough demand for it to justify spending the time to figure out all the issues and implement it properly. :-(

Patches would be welcome, though! :-)

For corporate legal information go to: