Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_BCAST and fortran subarrays
From: Patrick Begou (Patrick.Begou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-15 03:28:18

Thanks all for your converging point of view about my problem.
Portability is also an important point for this code so there is only one
solution: using user defined data type.
In my mind, this was more for C or C++ code without the fortran subarray
behavior but I was in error.

The problem is a little bit more complicated as the real code is a 3D
application but I think it's not so complicated to implement this strategy.

Now I'm convinced that user defined data type is also an important MPI feature
in Fortran.

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou_at_[hidden] |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |