Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi - gfortran and ifort conflict
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 15:39:44

On Dec 14, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> For example, your configure command,
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi/intel CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=ifort FC=ifort
>
> Doesn't tell Open MPI to use ifcort for mpif90 and mpif77.

Actually, that's not correct.

For Open MPI, our wrapper compilers will default to using the same compilers that were used to build Open MPI. So in the above case:

mpicc will use gcc
mpicxx will use g++
mpif77 will use ifort
mpif90 will use ifort

--> Note that in a future version of Open MPI (v1.7, probably), we're deprecating mpif77 and mpif90 in favor of mpifort. We'll also be ignoring the F77 configure variable and only using FC. This reflects what the underlying compilers are doing (i.e., ifort, pgfortran, gfortran, ...etc.).

mpif77 and mpif90 will still exist (as sym links to mpifort), of course, but we'll be encouraging everyone to migrate to mpifort.

For corporate legal information go to: