Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi - gfortran and ifort conflict
From: Micah Sklut (micahs2005_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 11:21:01

Thanks for your thoughts,

It would certainly appear that it is a PATH issue, but I still haven't
figured it out.

When I type the ifort command, ifort does run.
The intel path is in my PATH and is the first directory listed.

Looking at the configure.log, there is nothing indicating use or mentioning
of "gfortran".

gfortran is in the /usr/bin directory, which is in the PATH as well.

Any other suggestions of things to look for?

Thank you,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Gustavo Correa <gus_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Hi Micah
>
> Is ifort in your PATH?
> If not, the OpenMPI configure script will use any fortran compiler it
> finds first, which may be gfortran.
> You need to run the Intel compiler startup script before you run the
> OpenMPI configure.
> The easy thing to do is to source the Intel script inside your
> .profile/.bashrc or .[t]cshrc file.
> I hope this helps,
>
> Gus Correa
>
> On Dec 14, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Micah Sklut wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have installed openmpi for gfortran, but am now attempting to install
> openmpi as ifort.
> >
> > I have run the following configuration:
> > ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi/intel CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=ifort FC=ifort
> >
> > The install works successfully, but when I run
> /opt/openmpi/intel/bin/mpif90, it runs as gfortran.
> > Oddly, when I am user: root, the same mpif90 runs as ifort.
> >
> > Can someone please alleviate my confusion as to why I mpif90 is not
> running as ifort?
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestions,
> >
> > --
> > Micah