Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi - gfortran and ifort conflict
From: Tim Prince (n8tm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 10:48:23

On 12/14/2011 9:49 AM, Micah Sklut wrote:

> I have installed openmpi for gfortran, but am now attempting to install
> openmpi as ifort.
>
> I have run the following configuration:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi/intel CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=ifort FC=ifort
>
> The install works successfully, but when I run
> /opt/openmpi/intel/bin/mpif90, it runs as gfortran.
> Oddly, when I am user: root, the same mpif90 runs as ifort.
>
> Can someone please alleviate my confusion as to why I mpif90 is not
> running as ifort?

You might check your configure logs to be certain that ifort was found
before gfortran at all stages (did you set paths according to sourcing
the ifortvars or compilervars scripts which come with ifort?).
'which mpif90' should tell you whether you are executing the one from
your installation. You may have another mpif90 coming first on your
PATH. You won't be able to override your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
correctly simply by specifying absolute path to mpif90.

--
Tim Prince