Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Specifying GPU on mpi
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-12 16:20:44

On 15:10 Mon 12 Dec , Erin Rasmussen wrote:
> I just need to have a pretty good idea of how to run the
> benchmark with GPUs because we would like to get into the Top 500.

I may be wrong but AFAIK getting into the Top 500 requires meticulous
configuration of all sorts of parameters. If you want to get any good
performance at all, be prepared to invest a couple of weeks.

> Since this isn't really an openmpi question, do you know of any
> knowledge bases about HPL on GPUs?

Not me, sorry. Is there a website of NVIDIA? Or does documentation
come with the code? Usually I'd have a look directy at the code (i.e.
search for cudaSetDevice()).

HTH
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!