Subject: [OMPI users] FW: Problem launching application on windows
From: Martin Santa María (martin_san03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-29 04:09:35

Hello all,

I have the same problem on Vista x64 using 1.5.4. But my configuration is different:
I have a Jenkins server that launches the executable in a remote Windows machine, so I suppose that something is missing in my environment.
If I manually launch the application in the machine locally, everything works well.
I checked using depends and it seems it found the required libraries without problems so I don't understand what is causing the problems.
Perhaps some windows permissions?

Regards

Martin

________________________________

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem launching application on windows

From: Alex van 't Veer (avantveer_at_[hidden])

Date: 2011-10-28 07:33:06

Hi Shiqing,

Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

Can you tell me something more about how the sockets work and how they could

get corrupted? Maybe I can figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks

________________________________

On 2011-10-27 11:35 AM, Alex van 't Veer wrote:

Hi

I've installed the OpenMPI 1.5.4-1 64-bit binaries on windows 7 when I run

mpirun.exe without any options I get the help text and everything seems to

work fine but when I try to actually run a application, I get the following

error:

..\..\..\openmpi-1.5.4\opal\event\event.c: ompi_evesel->dispatch() failed.

I get the error when running any application, to exclude my own application I

tried the hello world example and it returns the same error. (The command I

used is mpirun.exe helloworld.exe)

Searching for the error in the list or looking at event.c didn't get me much

further, can anyone point me in the right direction for solving this problem?

Thanks