Subject: [OMPI users] Accessing OpenMPI processes over Internet using ssh
From: Jaison Paul (jmulerik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-23 23:26:13

Hi all,

I am trying to access OpenMPI processes over Internet using ssh and not
quite successful, yet. I believe that I should be able to do it.

I have to run one process on my PC and the rest on a remote cluster over
internet. I have set the public keys (at .ssh/authorized_keys) to access
remote nodes without a password.

I use hostfile to run mpi. It will read something like:
localhost
user_at_[hidden]
But it fails.

The issue seems to be the user! That is, the user on my PC is different
to that of user at remotehosts. That's my assumption.

Is this the problem? Is there any work-around to solve this issue? Do I
need to have same username at all nodes to solve this issue?

Jaison, ANU