Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_MAX_PORT_NAME different in C and Fortran headers
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-22 08:15:53

Yoinks! Thanks for the heads up, and for subsequently filing bugs for us (sorry for the delay in replying; I was fully occupied at SC last week, and this week is pretty sparse because of the US Thanksgiving holiday).

You're right that this is a simple "Fortran value doesn't agree with C value" issue. I'll fix it right now...

On Nov 14, 2011, at 5:09 PM, Enzo Dari wrote:

> I'm trying to establish communications between two mpi processes using
> MPI_Open_port / MPI_Publish_name / MPI_Comm_accept
> in a server and
> MPI_Lookup_name / MPI_Comm_connect
> in a client.
> The source code is in fortran, and the client fails with some sort of "malloc error".
> It seems that the different values for the MPI_MAX_PORT_NAME constants between C (1024) and Fortran (255) is the reason for the problem.
> Declaring the Port_name variable in Fortran with size 1023 solves this problem, buy I'm not sure if this is the proper way to handle this issue, and I'm not aware of the possible side-effects of changing MPI_MAX_PORT_NAME in .../include/mpi/mpif-common.h
> I'm using openmpi 1.4.2 (included in debian stable: 6.0.3) with gfortran 4.4.5 (also the version included in debian stable). Also tried with openmpi 1.4.4 and ifort 11.1
> --
> Enzo A. Dari
> Instituto Balseiro / Centro Atomico Bariloche

For corporate legal information go to: