Subject: [OMPI users] Shared memory optimizations in OMPI
From: Shamik Ganguly (shamikg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-22 01:09:31

Hi,

I want to trace when the MPI library prevents an MPI_Send from going to
the socket and makes it access shared memory because the target node is on
the same chip (CMP). I want to use PIN to trace this. Can you please give
me some pointers about which functions are taking this decision so that I
can instrument the appropriate library calls in PIN?

Regards,

--
Shamik Ganguly
2nd year, MS (CSE-Hardware), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor