Subject: [OMPI users] Memory corruption due to MPI_Status_c2f
From: François Trahay (francois.trahay_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 09:12:07

Hi,
I have a C+Fortran program that seems to crash due to OpenMPI implementation
of MPI_Status_c2f. When my program calls this function, a memory corruption
happens.
Here's a test program that reproduce the bug. It allocates and fills a buffer,
call MPI_Status_c2f (using a valid status) and print the buffer.
Before calling MPI_Status_c2f, the buffer contains (0,1,2,...31). After the
function call, it contains(x, x, ...20, 21, 22, ...31)

From this example, it seems that the first 80 bytes (20 integers) of this buffer
get corrupted.

I tried this program with open mpi 1.4.3, 1.4.4 and the latest nightly
snapshot (openmpi-1.7a1r25487) and they all have the same bug.

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Francois Trahay