Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.4.3 and PGI 11.8 segfault at run-time
From: Francesco Salvadore (francescosalvadore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-14 11:22:48

Hello,  I have problem in using OpenMPI 1.4.3 with PGI 11.8. A simple hello-world test program gives segfault and ompi_info gives segfault, sometimes, too. Using a debugger the problem seems to arise from libnuma http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/stacktracesegfaultpgi11.png/ I tried to avoid building of maffinity component specifying  --enable-mca-no-build=maffinity,btl-portals but maffinity component seems to be installed anyway: segfault still arises and  ompi_info |grep maffinity  gives the result  MCA maffinity: libnuma (MCA v2.0, API v2.0, Component v1.4.3). I also tried to specify --without-libnuma, but I had no success. How can I force compilation to completely avoid the use of libnuma. Is there any better solution looking at the stacktrace above? thanks, Francesco