Subject: [OMPI users] Socket ports
From: Jeffrey A Cummings (Jeffrey.A.Cummings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-08 13:31:47

I'm attempting to launch my app via mpirun and a host file to use nodes on
multiple 'stand-alone' servers. mpirun is able to launch my app on all
requested nodes on all servers, but my app doesn't seem to be able to
communicate via the standard MPI api calls (send , recv, etc). The
problem seems to be that my sysadmin dept has locked down most/all ports
for simple socket connections. They are asking me which specific ports
(or range of ports) are required by mpi. I'm assuming that mpirun used
secure sockets to launch my app on all nodes but that my app is not using
secure sockets via the MPI calls. Does any of this make sense? I'm using
version 1.4.0 I think.

- Jeff Cummings