Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problème with MPI_FINALIZE
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-02 13:23:43

On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:34 AM, Durga Choudhury wrote:

> Any particular reason these calls don't nest? In some other HPC-like
> paradigms (e.g. VSIPL) such calls are allowed to nest (i.e. only the
> finalize() that matches the first init() will destroy allocated
> resources.)

I honestly don't remember the Forum's rationale for this; that's just the way it is.

Brian Barrett and I have a proposal up for to the Forum for making it permissible to call INIT multiple times, etc. We proposed it and it was generally well-accepted; we got some good feedback, so we need to revise the proposal and present it at the next meeting in January. I guarantee that nothing will happen with our proposal before SC. :-)

For corporate legal information go to: