Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Checkpoint from inside MPI program with OpenMPI 1.4.2 ?
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-25 14:25:27

Open MPI (trunk/1.7 - not 1.4 or 1.5) provides an application level
interface to request a checkpoint of an application. This API is
defined on the following website:
  http://osl.iu.edu/research/ft/ompi-cr/api.php#api-cr_checkpoint

This will behave the same as if you requested the checkpoint of the
job from the command line.

-- Josh

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Nguyen Toan <nguyentoan1508_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I want to automatically checkpoint an MPI program with OpenMPI ( I'm
> currently using 1.4.2 version with BLCR 0.8.2),
> not by manually typing ompi-checkpoint command line from another terminal.
> So I would like to know if there is a way to call checkpoint function from
> inside an MPI program
> with OpenMPI or how to do that.
> Any ideas are very appreciated.
> Regards,