Subject: [OMPI users] Technical details of various MPI APIs
From: ramu (ramu.kavati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-21 14:45:49

Hi,
I am trying to explore more on technical details of MPI APIs defined in OpenMPI
(for e.g., MPI_Init(), MPI_Barrier(), MPI_Send(), MPI_Recv(), MPI_Waitall(),
MPI_Finalize() etc) when the MPI Processes are running on Infiniband cluster
(OFED). I mean, what are the messages exchanged between MPI processes over IB,
how does processes identify each other and what messages they exchange to
identify and what all is needed to trigger data traffic. Is there any doc/link
available which describes these details. Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramu