Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Application in a cluster
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-20 14:03:10

Hi Jorge

Aha! A serial executable. I guessed it right! :)
But Ralph certainly came up with the simpler solution: use mpirun.

As for the other question:

If you are using Torque/PBS to launch the job,
put this line in your PBS script:

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

which will put you in the work directory on all nodes
(assuming that directory is NFS mounted as you said).

If you are launching mpirun directly, use the -path option,
to specify the full path of your executable.

Actually, the best thing is to read carefully 'man mpirun',
to get the details right.
[Make sure you're reading the *OpenMPI mpirun* man page,
not from another MPI flavor.]

Good luck!

My two cents,
Gus Correa