Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to run open MPI without ipoib
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-13 21:38:40

First, OMPI does -not- require you to use ipoib.

With that command line, both procs will be running on remotehostip. I don't believe openib has a loopback interface, so you'll need the shared memory btl so procs co-located on a node can talk to each other. In other words, you need

-mca btl sm,openib,self

Finally, have you checked your params? I'm unaware of any param btl_openib_if_include, though maybe I just missed it. Use

ompi_info --param btl openib

to see the supported values. Remember, we don't check your params for syntax errors - if it isn't recognized, we just ignore it.