Subject: [OMPI users] thread support in OpenMPI
From: Devarshi Ghoshal (dghoshal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-07 02:25:21

Hi,

I was just wondering what does "progress: no" signify when I check the level
of thread support using ompi_info for the OpenMPI installation I have.

Also, I guess "mpi: no" for thread support signify that multiple threads in
my MPI program will not work as expected if they have MPI communication. So,
different threads of multiple processes using MPI_Send() and MPI_Recv()
would behave normally only if the installed MPI library provides
MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE level thread support.

--
Thanks & regards,
Devarshi