Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Proper way to redirect GUI
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-06 19:55:17

Am 02.10.2011 um 17:28 schrieb Eugene Loh:

> Often you set the environment variable DISPLAY to any display you like. Export environment variables with "mpirun -x DISPLAY".
>
> On 10/2/2011 5:32 AM, Xin Tong wrote:
>> I am launch a program with a GUI interface, How do i redirect the GUI to the machine i issued mpirun on ?

Is each child generating his own GUI? I would expect to "ssh -X -Y server" and get the output thereto. Forwarding just DISPLAY would only work with a direct allowed connection via "xhost +". As each "ssh" to start a slave task might get a different entry for DISPLAY otherwise, depending on the free display ports, so forwarding localhost:10.0 will most likely not work.

-- Reuti