Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problem running with RoCE over 10GbE
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 09:15:15

On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:04 AM, Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:

>> Built OpenMPI with this option "--enable-openib-rdmacm".
>> Our system has OFED 1.5.2 with librdmacm-1.0.13-1
>>
>> I noticed this output from configure script:
>> checking rdma/rdma_cma.h usability... no
>> checking rdma/rdma_cma.h presence... no
>> checking for rdma/rdma_cma.h... no
>> checking whether IBV_LINK_LAYER_ETHERNET is declared... yes
>> checking if RDMAoE support is enabled... yes
>> checking for infiniband/driver.h... yes
>> checking if ConnectX XRC support is enabled... yes
>> checking if dynamic SL is enabled... no
>> checking if OpenFabrics RDMACM support is enabled... no
>>
>> Are we missing a build option or a piece of software?
>> Config.log and output from "ompi_info --all" attached.
>
> You shouldn't use the "--enable-openib-rdmacm" option - rdmacm
> support is enabled by default, providing librdmacm is found on
> the machine.

Actually, this might be a configure bug. We have lots of other configure options that, even if "foo" support is optional, if you specify "--with-foo", then OMPI treats it as mandatory. Specifically, if foo can't be found, it's an error and configure should abort (i.e., let a human figure it out).

Yevgeny -- can you check that out?

> So the question is, why OMPI config script didn't find it?
> OMPI looks for "rdma/rdma_cma.h" header. Do you have it on
> you build machine?
> The usual location of this file is /usr/include/rdma/rdma_cma.h

Here's the culprit in config.log:

configure:118771: checking rdma/rdma_cma.h presence
configure:118771: gcc -E conftest.c
conftest.c:573:27: error: rdma/rdma_cma.h: No such file or directory
configure:118771: $? = 1

I'd double check that that file is actually present on your system. I don't think <> vs. "" will make a difference, though.

For corporate legal information go to: