Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with CPU of different speed.
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 08:15:20

I'm afraid you'll have to do this kind of load balancing in your
application itself as Open MPI (just like any other MPI implementation)
has no notion of how your application manages its workload.

HTH
-Andreas

On 14:05 Wed 05 Oct , Mickaël CANÉVET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to define a weight to the CPUs of the hosts. I have a
> cluster made of machine from different generation and when I run a
> process on it, the whole cluster is slowed down by the slowest node.
>
> What I'd like to do is something like that in my hostfile:
>
> oldest slots=4 weight=0.75
> newer slots=8 weight=0.95
> newest slots=12 weight=1
>
> So that CPUs of oldest (and slowest) machine gets less data to process.
>
> Thank you
> Mickaël

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!