Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with CPU of different speed.
From: Mickaël CANÉVET (canevet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 08:05:21

Hi,

Is there a way to define a weight to the CPUs of the hosts. I have a
cluster made of machine from different generation and when I run a
process on it, the whole cluster is slowed down by the slowest node.

What I'd like to do is something like that in my hostfile:

oldest slots=4 weight=0.75
newer slots=8 weight=0.95
newest slots=12 weight=1

So that CPUs of oldest (and slowest) machine gets less data to process.

Thank you
Mickaël