Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Proper way to stop MPI process
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-03 11:26:05

You might want to double check this -- mpirun shouldn't be waiting on you hitting return. Check to make sure you don't just have line-buffered output in python, or somesuch. Or better yet, check from python that the PID has actually disappeared and don't rely on stdout, or something like that.

On Oct 2, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Xin Tong wrote:

> I am using 1.4.3. I send the sigterm from a python script. Then I wait, the processes do not terminate until i keep pressing enter on the keyboard.
>
> Thanks
>

> Xin
>

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc.openmpi_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sigterm should work - what version are you using?
> Ralph
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Xin Tong <xerox.time.tech_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > I am wondering what the proper way of stop a mpirun process and the child process it created. I tried to send SIGTERM, it does not respond to it ? What kind of signal should I be sending to it ?
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Xin

For corporate legal information go to: