Subject: Re: [OMPI users] EXTERNAL: Re: Unresolved reference 'mbind' and 'get_mempolicy'
From: Ed Blosch (eblosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-30 10:35:38

Thank you for all this information.

Your diagnosis is totally right. I actually sent e-mail yesterday but
apparently it never got through :<

It IS the MPI application that is failing to link, not OpenMPI itself; my
e-mail was not well written; sorry Brice.

The situation is this: I am trying to compile using an OpenMPI 1.5.4 that
was built to be rooted in /release, but it is not placed there yet
(testing); it is currently under /builds/release. I have set OPAL_PREFIX in
the environment, with the intention of helping the compiler wrappers work
right. Under /release, I currently have OpenMPI 1.4.3, whereas the OpenMPI
under /builds/release is 1.5.4.

What I am getting is this: The mpif90 wrapper (under
/builds/release/openmpi/bin) puts -I/release instead of -I/builds/release.
But it includes -L/builds/release.

So I'm getting headers from 1.4.3 when compiling, but the libmpi from 1.5.4
when linking.

I did a quick "move 1.4.3 out of the way and put 1.5.4 over to /release
where it belongs" test, and my application did link without errors, so I
think that confirms the nature of the problem.

Is it a bug that mpif90 didn't pay attention to OPAL_PREFIX in the -I but
did use it in the -L ?