Subject: Re: [OMPI users] alternate PBS_NODEFILE
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-27 15:17:14

Hi,

Am 27.09.2011 um 16:00 schrieb Wiegers, Bert:

> we have a clustersetup with all nodes slot=1 (although 12 cores are
> present).
> Now we would like to alternate the machinefile for a specific User.
>
> I found this hint:
> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tm
>
> Is this still valid?
> We have openMPI v 1.4.3 running.
> Trying to generate an own machinefile seems to fail - so far.

defining 12 slots and request the machines exclusive is not an option?

The only way to get it working otherwise is to unset $JOB_ID and so
on, so that Open MPI is not aware that it is running under PBS (or
disable the tm completely --without-tm if I'm not mistaken. But then
you lose a tight integration (at least when you are running across
multiple nodes).

-- Reuti