Subject: [OMPI users] VampirTrace integration with VT_GNU_NMFILE environment variable
From: Rocky Dunlap (rocky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-26 15:19:21

According to the VampirTrace documentation, it is possible to create a
symbol list file in advance and set the name of the file in the
environment variable VT_GNU_NMFILE. For example, you might do this:

$ nm hello > hello.nm
$ export VT_GNU_NMFILE="hello.nm"

I have set up a symbol file list as above (with full path name of
course) but when I run my VT instrumented program (via mpirun) it
appears to ignore the VT_GNU_NMFILE environment variable and run "nm"
automatically on startup (the default behavior). This can be a time
consuming process, so I would prefer to use the pre-created symbol
list file.

Can anyone confirm if the VT_GNU_NMFILE environment variable is
supported with the OpenMPI integration?

Thanks,
Rocky