Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi -cc=<compiler name> option
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-23 06:03:26

On Sep 23, 2011, at 2:04 AM, Uday Kumar Reddy B wrote:

> Okay. BTW, mpicc only has 7 cmdline options, and you probably already
> support some of them (-show), and they are all provided for good
> reason.

I assume you mean that *MPICH's* mpicc has 7 command line options. Open MPI's mpicc only has 1: --showme (although it has multiple forms). It looks like we did make -show be a synonym for --showme, though.

The FAQ items I sent earlier (and the OMPI mpicc.1 man page) show how we chose to use environment variables instead of command line options for altering the wrapper compiler's behavior.

For corporate legal information go to: